-North Yorkshire (Harrogate)
-£30k-44k (Depending on Level)
An exciting opportunity for a senior ecologist to join a friendly office of ecologists, landscape architects and arboriculturists.
Typical duties will include extended phase 1 habitat/UK Habitat Classification System and protected species surveys.
You will formulate mitigation proposals and habitat creation schemes in collaboration with the landscape team to support Biodiversity Net Gain requirements. The client is currently supervising projects under EPS licences for bats and great crested newts. Generally, the outputs are in the form of technical reports for planning submission, but they also provide input to BREEAM Assessments, Biodiversity Net Gain Assessments and EIAs.
This is great chance to join an established team and offer technical advice to a diverse range of clients covering projects across all aspects of ecological consulting.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Be qualified to degree level or equivalent in ecology or a related discipline
- Hold or be working towards a bat survey licence (Class 2) with experience of development licence application and supervision
- Hold or working towards Associate or Full membership of CIEEM
- An excellent working knowledge of wildlife legislation and the planning process, habitat and protected species surveying
- A good understanding of Biodiversity Net Gain assessments with a competent handle on use of the Defra Metric
- Experience of project management, preparing fee quotes and excellent report writing skills
A full UK driving licence and car ownership/access is essential due to the nature of the role.
The role offers flexible and hybrid working hours with a competitive salary based on experience, annual training opportunities, a generous TOIL scheme, 25 days holiday per year (based on full time working), annual professional membership subscription to CIEEM, workplace pension scheme and a friendly office environment.
For more information on this role please contact Michael Lane at MGR Recruitment on 01423 209 004